Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Back to Bentos 2

I've been seeing purple potatoes all over the bentoscape for awhile now, but hadn't been able to capture a single violet tuber for myself. This week, my cravings were answered by one of my coworkers who happens to have an organic farm. A whole basket of the blue taters arrived at my office and I snatched them up to try at home. We roasted the suckers and Senorcito dove right in. My little food junkie has also started refusing his previous veg favorites like broccoli and yellow squash in favor of new vegetables like sauteed leafy greens. Its so fantastic, but also kind of weirds me out.

I've found the hardest part of making bentos is fitting the food you have to eat into the box. There's always holes to fill and food to shove in that doesn't quite fit. It's a wonderfully frustrating challenge and it's so fufilling when it finally comes together :)


Breakfast:
  • Rice-Quinoa-Blueberry Muffins
  • Turkey Bacon spirals w/ Apple
  • Cherries and Kiwi
Lunch:
  • Roasted Purple Potatoes
  • Baked Chicken w/ a Strawberry
  • Broccoli, Cauliflower and Carrots

Baby Boy's Food for School:
  • Breakfast - Banana, Blueberries, Quinoa O's
  • Lunch - Baked Chicken, Sauteed Greens and Purple Potatoes
  • Snack - Peaches

No comments: