Thursday, June 10, 2010

Back to Bentos 3

Last night was a raid the freezer for dinner night. As I was putting the lunchboxes together I was thinking about the fact that the black and white of the noodles and beans would be so much crisper and cleaner if I drained the juice and/or didn't mix them together, but then I realized the bean goo is what makes things taste good (plus it keeps the noodles from drying out). Forget aesthetics, I want bean goo! I also had no clean bento boxes, but had a handy stash of Laptop lunchboxes.

One success of the evening was that I made a fresh batch of pancakes after Senorcito was in bed. The boy and I love our pancakes!

Bento for Bambino:
  • Breakfast - Rice-Banana Pancakes and 1/2 of the Apples, Cherries and Plum.
  • Lunch - Rice Noodles, Black Beans, Peas
  • Snack - Mini Rice-Quinoa-Pumpkin Muffin, Mini Rice-Quinoa-Blueberry Muffin and the second half of the fruit.
Breakfast for Me:
  • Bananas and Blueberries (I warmed them right before eating. Yum!)
  • 1/2 Plum
  • Rice-Banana Pancakes plus earth balance and syrup
  • Rice Milk (not pictured)

Lunch Stuff:
  • Baby Romaine Salad w/ Sunflower Seeds and Asian Dressing
  • Salmon Patty
  • Rice Noodles and Black Beans
  • Apple and Cherries

No comments: