Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 1 - A Day of Meals (almost)


For my first day on a mission, I pre-packed my breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack to make it easier to avoid all those excuses and temptations of being too hungry, not having time, etc. Nothing is easier than  walking into my kitchen to find a meal ready to eat. It really helped me to have everything just waiting for me. I even stuck to my pre-planned schedule of breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner and dessert and drank lots of water. No snacking in between! On top of all that, I went for a run, "danced" with my son and did some yoga during naptime. No regrets, but boy am I sore today!




Breakfast

1 slice Whole Wheat Toast w/ 1 pat Butter
2 1/2 pieces of Turkey Bacon
Strawberries and Blackberries
2 C Water

(Note to Self: Blackberries are now out of season here and nothing like those tasty summer berries. Yuck.)





Lunch

Green Salad w/ Homemade Dressing (not pictured)
Chicken and Wild Rice "Soup" w/ Carrots
3 Pretzel Rods
1/3 Organic Gala Apple
1/2 Diet Coke 




Snack

Red and Black Grapes
1 slice Colby Jack Cheese
(I also had two unplanned additions: 3 pretzel rods and 1/2 a Diet Coke)



Dinner was black beans; roasted zucchini, peppers and asparagus; guacamole and chips; and a Diet Coke. My after dinner treat was 2 Mint Milano cookies and some Light Soymilk. Along with the extra pretzels mentioned earlier, the chips and Diet Coke w/ dinner weren't planned. Overall though, it was a great day. I had a nice variety of food, never felt too full or too hungry and ended up with a calorie intake of 1478. Nice :)

No comments: